The last week of my travels
- It was full moon while I was in Koh Chang, we celebrated in a chilled way, not like last time at the June full moon in Koh Phagnan.
- Watched plenty more fire shows on the beautiful beaches.
- I made another great mix of friends.
Stayed in the best budget accommodation I have found yet (Tree House Lodge on Lonely Beach.) The pictures don't do it justice, but we were paying less than 30p a night to stay in these idyllic bungalows literally over the water! We fell asleep to waves crashing everynight. I loved the outdoor bathrooms: a well with a bucket, so refreshing - you could see the sky while showering!
- We walked to Bang Bao, a village built entirely on on a pier.
- Went on a snorkelling trip around the south islands off Koh Chang (but in my opinion the waters are better further south).
Koh Chang had a really different vibe to it than all the other islands, it's the 2nd largest, with a jungle in the middle. Lots of Thai families come on holiday here, it was nice going out on the snorkelling trip with all locals.
Highlight: falling asleep or reading on a hammock by the sea, so peaceful.
published: 14.07.2008 By: RachC